Happy Monday friends! Today I am coming at you with my first travel post of the summer (yay)! I recently went on a trip to Charleston South Carolina. This was not my first trip here (if you remember last year I came as well) and fell in love with the city all over again. While Charleston is fantastic I do have a few recommendations for the next time you travel down here.
Tips & Tricks
1. Comfort is key. If you are coming to South Carolina during the months of May-August you are going to have to make some sacrifices, one being your adorable outfit. If the heat doesn’t kill you the humidity will for sure. What I have learned after coming here a number of times is to pack light (literally). I back very light clothing when I come (sundresses, shorts, and tanks). I also would steer away from makeup for all my lady readers. Trust me, you will thank me later.
2. Early and later and no in between. I tend to do all my shopping and walking around either during the earlier morning hours or later towards dinner time at night. Sometimes plans get in the way and you can’t help when you are out and about but I recommend staying inside (go to a museum, art exhibit, etc.) during the afternoon and doing all your outdoor activities in the early or later part of your day.
3. Go to a plantation. This is actually the only tip I am giving and haven’t done yet. I have only heard good things about going to an old plantation and exploring. I think being able to tie in history with a great picture opt is really the best of both worlds.
4. Find what you love. It is no secret I am a sucker for a good book store. What I did for the first time this year when I came here was search local book stores. Not only did I find so many treasures, but also something to look forward to next time I come.
5. Try new things. I did two things this trip around that I really loved. 1. Go to a zoo and 2. Go to a flea market. Both these activities are great ways to fill up your days and see something unique to the city/state you are in.
Whether you are traveling 5000 miles away or 500, make the most of your time where you are. Traveling is my passion in life and any opportunity that I have to quench that passion, I will.
If you have been to Charleston or any other part of South Carolina, let me know in the comments! I’d love to hear about things to do and places to see for the next time I come down here. Have a great week everyone!
Quote of the Day;
“Lighten up, just enjoy life, smile more, laugh more, and don’t get so worked up over things” -Kenneth Branagh.