Happy Wednesday friends! Today I want to share with you all some of my tips for having a more productive and happier school year. I am in my sophomore year of college. Therefore I have some experience when it comes to what to do/not to do in terms of studying, bugging your professor, and overall just getting down to business. I hope that these tips help you in whatever year of schooling you are in!
- Organization. This has to be my greatest reason for success in school. Now organization could mean a lot of different things. From highlighting and color coordinating to knowing you have an exam the following day. What has worked for me the best (especially in college) is having a notebook and folder for each class. This way my material can stay in one place and I don’t have to be searching for it all the night before. I also like to make keys for when I’m taking notes so I know why I’m highlighting certain things in certain colors.
- Make it fun. As you can see from my featured image I like to spice up my materials and not just have a blank notebook/folder. I get to design them in a way that represents me and it also makes me more excited to go and do the work (weird I know but trust me it works)!
- Study WAY beforehand. I learned this the hard way in high school but once you get the hang of it, it doesn’t make the class seem too impossible. I normally go by the syllabus and study at least two weeks in advance for each exam.
- Don’t forget to eat. I know that most of us don’t know what we would do without our morning coffee… I don’t know what I would do without some healthy snacks throughout the school day. Staying energized is so important especially for those long day classes. The worst is not having any food and you’re stuck in class with a major headache and are about to fall asleep.
- “Frui momenta” aka “enjoy the moment”. I know that it may seem like the worst thing on earth, but try to learn one new thing every time you have that particular class (for all your classes). Having a better attitude about things that we are not as excited about can transform your life (trust me I know).
I hope these tips help and inspire you to branch out and look at school in a new way! I personally use all of these and I cannot begin to explain how much it has helped me. Have a great Wednesday friends and stay tuned for Friday’s fashion look!