Happy Sunday friends! Today marks the beginning of my back-to-school series!! I wanted my first post in this series to be about one of my favorite things to do during this time of the year… school supply shopping! I am going to be a sophomore in college this year so I have had a bit of experience in regards to what school supplies work for me during the college semester. I hope this gives any new college students some insight on what they may want to purchase, or even high schoolers who have the freedom to choose their supplies.
What I use for School:
- Notebooks. This is a necessity for me. I have never been much of a binder girl… I always just loved the feeling of using a nice easy notebook for my classes. This semester I am trying to use just a small one subject (100 page) notebook for each class that I am taking.
- Folders. This one is an obvious one but I still wanted to add it. I like to have a separate folder for each of my classes. I am a bit of an organizational freak, so the more individual supplies I have for each class the better (I also enjoy color-cordinating)!
- Pens/Pencils/Highlighter/Pouch. I love to write all my notes for each class in different colors indicating what is important for the exams, what is something I may need to go over, and even sometimes if I am bored and just want some extra color in my notes that day. I carry with me a pencil pouch and stuff as many-colored pens, highlighters, and mechanical pencils as possible, that way if there is anything I may need, I have it covered.
- Stapler. This year I purchased a “mini” stapler at Target after experiencing countless scenarios in school where I would need things put together in a certain order and ended up getting home, unable to figure out which page goes where. I just popped this one into my pencil pouch and it fits like a charm.
- Calculator. I am required with my major to take math classes each semester, therefore the need for a calculator. The classes I am taking do not require a heavy-duty one so I just picked up a $20 one from Target and once again keep it in my pencil pouch on the days that I have that particular math class.
- Planners. I saved the best for last. I am a planner expert by now, definitely going through my fair share of different brands and layouts. I pretty much live by my planners when the school semester has begun and definitely think part of my success stems from how I plan out each week. I currently have two paper planners that I use, one for school, one for my blogging, and a digital planner which is the google calendar app where I plan my social life, work schedule, and to-do lists.
I hope you all enjoyed this post and were inspired to go out and by your supplies as well (if you haven’t started school already). I don’t go back to school until September so be sure to stick around for the next few Sunday’s for more back-to school with SheBeShe posts!