Happy Wednesday friends! As you may know I just went on a trip to Charleston, South Carolina. I love going here because there is so much to see and do. One of my favorite things to do when I am here is go into the city part of Charleston. There is so much history, food, and of course shopping to be done. One activity I happened to do this summer when I visited was walk around the park right outside the city. I loved seeing all the beautiful flowers and landmarks. After walking around and working up an appetite you are going to want a quick bite to eat! You must try Fire and/or Xiao Bao Biscuit. I have heard so many good things and can’t wait to go back and try them next time I am there! My favorite thing to do when in Charleston however would have to be the shopping. The stores there are so creative and different. It is a mix of boutiques that are unique to only Charleston and some stores we have here in New York. I love stopping in and seeing all the creativeness inside each one and meeting all different people (it is also a nice break from all the heat). I happen to be a bit bias but my favorite store (and where I did the most damage) was Anthropologie. If you have read one of my previous posts, you would know I work at an Anthropologie. I love going into ones other than the one I work at and seeing all that they have! I you happen to visit Charleston soon I thought some tips that helped me when I was there might help you too!
- Park in a public parking garage. It is only .50 a half hour and parking is near impossible (especially on the weekends, so don’t waste your time looking for a spot).
- Wear clothes you don’t mind sweating in. I wore shorts and a black v-neck and was still dying just by the time I walked out of the car… wearing loose clothing is a must for this trip.
- Take pictures! The town is so historic and beautiful it would be hard not to come home with some amazing memories you can look back on.
- Stop into the local shops. Yes there is an Apple, Louis Vuitton, Urban Outfitters… but they’re also so many local shops that you can find some awesome goodies in. My favorite would have to be Lou Lou!
- Stay hydrated… once again it is hot! One unique thing I found about Charleston however is that they are all different little pop-up carts selling cool refreshments such as ices. This comes in handy just in the nick of time and when you are in need of one (another awesome aspect about this it is usually local college kids setting these carts up).
Charleston has become one of my favorite places to visit, and there is obviously many reasons why. It is a beautiful city with so much to see and I couldn’t reccomend going enough! Have a travel-filled Wednesday and be sure to stick around for Friday’s fashion post friends!